Istvan Wilhelms scored the decisive goal for the Bulldogs. Oliver Bihuniak found Wilhelms on a corner kick, and Wilhelms delivered a header into the upper left corner for his first goal of the season. Next Game: Live Stats Drake (3-3-0) concludes its nonconference schedule in strong form on the heels of two convincing wins. The Bulldogs open Missouri Valley Conference play against Bradley at 6 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 21 at Cownie Soccer Complex. Watch Live MACOMB, Ill. – The Drake University men’s soccer team earned its second-consecutive victory with a 1-0 result over Western Illinois on Tuesday night in Macomb. The Bulldogs conclude nonconference play having won three of their last four matches. Preview Story Links Smith singled out Liam Wilson, Scott Misselhorn, Bradan Allen, and Antonio Melendez for their efforts defensively. Box Score (PDF) Full Schedule Roster “It was a great delivery from Oliver and a wonderful header from Istvan,” said Drake head coach Gareth Smith. “Western Illinois is a difficult place to go and get a result on the road. We continue to show progress on a number of levels.” The Bulldogs’ defense was the story of the night. The unit has earned shutouts in back-to-back matches and prevented the Leathernecks from mustering a shot on goal. Bradley 9/21/2019 – 6 PM “Although defending is always a team effort, a lot of credit goes to our backline, which restricted Western Illinois to few actions around our goal,” Smith said. “And credit to Luke Anderson, who has grown significantly over the last few weeks in goal.” “Defensively we were excellent and we are delighted to keep another clean sheet,” Smith said. “We were very well organized and compact, and tactically we eliminated the threat of their key players.” Offensively, the Bulldogs generated a season-best nine shots on target, and Wilhelms’ goal was the culmination of a thorough team effort. “We continue to mature in our ability to break teams down in the middle to final third,” Smith said. “We showed a higher level of patience in knowing when to counter quickly and when to patiently build. The next level is to convert a higher percentage of the chances we are creating so that we can close out games earlier and not leave the door open for teams to get back into the game.” ESPN3 “Back-to-back wins, two clean sheets, and another strong performance is a great way to close off the nonconference and set the stage for our conference opener this weekend,” Smith said. Print Friendly Version
Contractors are being sought to build 21 new residential homes in Buncrana following the issue of tender documents, it has emerged. The Donegal County Council seek to build the first council house estate in the Rockytown area for the first time in over a decade when Earlsfort in Cockhill was opened.Contractors have until August 30th to apply to build the new homes on the Inishowen site, with the new tender obliged to complete the project within 65 weeks from the contracts starting date. It is understood that out of the 21 dwellings, 11 of those will be three-bedroom/five-person homes, two four-bedroom/seven-person homes and eight two bedrooms/three-person apartments.Concerns have previously been raised over the sites potential flooding risk, but a council planner through a council planning report said fears over potential flooding to the development was ‘low’.However, that report was published in 2015, two years shy of the flash flooding that hit the peninsula in 2017.There were also concerns raised over the presence of Japanese Knotweed on the site, but engineers have since ordered the management and treatment of the damaging plant before any development gets underway. Inishowen Councillor Jack Murray, who was part of the council that passed the planning permission unanimously two years ago, said the development would help ease housing waiting list in the Inishowen town.Welcoming the news, he told Donegal Daily: “We have been waiting for a long time for this development to get this stage.“It was hoped that it would reach this stage a lot quicker.“But at last it has got this far and Buncrana is under serious pressure with the housing waiting list which is at a serious level now,” he added.“It is almost possible to find a rental property in Buncrana, so it will be great to see people get the keys to these houses that need them. “But it will also lift the pressure off what is already a very congestant rental market at the minute.”Housing boost for Buncrana welcomed as building tenders sought was last modified: August 21st, 2019 by Shaun KeenanShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
Sign up for a free trial and get instant access to this article as well as GBA’s complete library of premium articles and construction details. This article is only available to GBA Prime Members Start Free Trial Already a member? Log in Predicting the future is cheap. Anyone can do it, and history shows that predictions made by experts are rarely any more accurate than predictions made by your average cranky uncle.Since any idiot can jump into this swimming pool, it’s clearly my turn to do so. With more chutzpah than data, I hereby present my own housing predictions.We’ll start by examining a few trends and predictions that never blossomed.The tiny house trend. Some tiny house enthusiasts have trumpeted tiny houses as the wave of the future. My prediction: they aren’t. In fact, in 2018 the average new single family home measured 2,600 square feet. That’s about the same size as it was in 2013 — so, while the trend for ever-bigger houses is starting to level off, there aren’t any signs of a rush toward tiny houses. Obviously, a 2,600 square foot home is still considerably bigger than 2,400 square feet, which was the size of the average new home in 2011.Almost everyone wants more space than a tiny house provides. The only reason that people in New York and San Francisco put up with their dinky apartments is that larger apartments are ridiculously expensive.The smart house trend. While it’s true that some Americans love web-enabled electrical appliances, and want to use a phone app to control every device in their home, there are even more Americans who are worried that smart appliances invite hackers (or ex-husbands, or rogue government agents) to invade their lives. Other Americans aren’t happy about the fact that smart appliances will provide new opportunities for marketing companies to monitor their daily routines and monetize the gathered data. I predict that the smart house trend will be a bust.Cohousing. For some people, the idea is alluring: move to a small community…
Related Posts What it Takes to Build a Highly Secure FinTech … Adrien Henni The Top 5 Issues Faced by Futurists The Rise and Rise of Mobile Payment Technology Tags:#Blockchain#Ethereum#featured#Internet of Things#IoT#MISiS#Russia#Russian Federation#top#VEB#Vladimir Putin 6 User-Interface Musts for Personal Finance Apps Last week VEB, a major state-owned Russian development bank, signed a partnership agreement with the Ethereum Foundation to develop and implement Blockchain-based government applications.The Foundation’s founder Vitalik Buterin and VEB President Sergey Gorokov Chairman both took part in the signing ceremony, which was held during a Blockchain conference in Kazan, the capital of the innovation-friendly republic of Tatarstan.See also: For future transactions, in blockchain we trustThe agreement includes a “long-term and effective partnership in the implementation of projects using a distributed registry technology and the Ethereum platform,” as well as the formation of an Ethereum expert community.The partners will also launch joint educational and training programs within an upcoming VEB Blockchain competence center. The partnership agreement was signed personally by Ethereum Foundation founder Vitalik Buterin and VEB President Sergey Gorkov. Photo credit: VEB.This competence center is designed to “unite the efforts of all interested parties and create an ecosystem of innovations,” said Gorkov. It is scheduled for opening in September at MISiS, a major Russian science and technology university.“Cooperation between Ethereum and VEB gives a unique opportunity to engage in research and development on the use of blockchain technology for public administration and accelerating the adoption of this technology to government organizations in the Russian Federation,” Buterin stated.Putin is watchingIn June, the Russian government launched a working group to implement Blockchain technologies in state administrations, assigning a coordinating role to VEB, including the creation of the competence center.That same month, during the St. Petersburg Economic Forum, Ethereum caught the attention of Vladimir Putin, which saw in it a potential tool for the country’s economic diversification. The Russian president personally met Buterin at the forum.Just weeks ago, the Federal Agency for Technical Regulation and Metrology (Rosstandart) appointed a new technical committee to work on the standardization of software and hardware related to distributed register and Blockchain technologies, in coordination with the International Standardisation Organisation.This story is published in partnership with East-West Digital News, an international news resource about innovation in Central and Eastern Europe.
Every 18 seconds someone is diagnosed with HIV Palace: Duterte to hear out security execs on alleged China control of NGCP LATEST STORIES Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next View comments The FFT said it would investigate the matter further.Hamou’s behavior also caught the attention of French politicians.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingOn Twitter, Sports Minister Laura Flessel called what Hamou did to Eurosport TV’s Maly Thomas an “assault.” Cecile Duflot, a member of parliament, tweeted : “He kisses her by force, she tries to get away, he holds her by the neck and everyone… laughs #tired.”Flessel and Duflot also criticized 1988 French Open runner-up Henri Leconte and other in-studio guests who laughed at and applauded Hamou’s on-air actions. Scottie Pippen throws shade at Steph Curry: ‘He isn’t the best Warrior right now’ BSP survey: PH banks see bright horizon amid dark global recession clouds Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss PLAY LIST 02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games BREAKING: Cop killed, 11 hurt in Misamis Oriental grenade blast “A live assault is not funny,” Flessel wrote. “We should never let this happen, and never trivialize such acts.”Hamou, who is ranked 287th, posted a statement on Instagram on Tuesday in which he apologized to Thomas “if she feels hurt or shocked by my attitude during her interview.”He wrote, in French, that he let his “excess of enthusiasm express itself awkwardly toward Maly, who I know and sincerely respect.”Hamou added that he would offer an apology in-person if Thomas wants one.Eurosport said in a statement that it regretted what had happened.ADVERTISEMENT MOST READ France’s Maxime Hamou returns the ball to Uruguay’s Pablo Cuevas during their tennis match at the Roland Garros 2017 French Open on May 29, 2017 in Paris. / AFP PHOTO / Eric FEFERBERGPARIS — A French tennis player’s French Open credential was revoked because he grabbed a reporter and kissed her on the neck during a live TV interview at the tournament.The French Tennis Federation announced Tuesday it was punishing 21-year-old qualifier Maxime Hamou “following his inappropriate behaviour towards a female journalist” a day earlier, when he lost in the first round at Roland Garros.ADVERTISEMENT Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Pagasa: Storm intensifies as it nears PAR Lacson: SEA Games fund put in foundation like ‘Napoles case’ Cayetano dares Lacson, Drilon to take lie-detector test: Wala akong kinita sa SEA Games BREAKING: Cop killed, 11 hurt in Misamis Oriental grenade blast