Chelsea boss Sarri to go back to Empoli for Hamed Junior Traoreby Carlos Volcano10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveChelsea boss Maurizio Sarri is ready to go back to Empoli for a new signing.Local media sources say Empoli youngster Hamed Junior Traore is interesting Sarri, who is tapping his old network for information on the midfielder.The 18 year-old is shining for Empoli coach Beppe Iachini and come to the attention of Sarri.The former Empoli coach is set to call president Fabrizio Corsi about a price for Traore.The Ivorian was outstanding for Empoli in defeat to Sampdoria last weekend. TagsTransfersAbout the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say
zoom Dubai-based terminal operator DP World Limited saw its volumes rise on the back of a recovery of global trade in 2017.Third quarter growth rates were at 13.5% year-on-year on a reported basis, ahead of second quarter growth and Drewry Maritime’s upgraded industry estimate of 5.5% throughput growth in 2017.In the first nine months of the year, the company handled 52.3 million TEU across its global portfolio of container terminals, representing a growth of 10% year-on-year in gross container volumes.Global trade outlook improved significantly in 2017 with the World Trade Organization recently upgrading trade growth from 2.4% to 3.6% in 2017 and all three DP World regions saw third quarter growth rates accelerate even more than the second quarter of 2017, particularly the company’s terminals in Middle East & Africa, Europe and the Americas. The UAE handled 11.6 million TEU in the first nine months of 2017, growing 4.6% year-on-year.At a consolidated level, DP World’s terminals handled 27.3 million TEU during the nine-month period, a 24.2% improvement in performance on a reported basis. Reported consolidated volume in the Asia Pacific and Indian Subcontinent region was boosted by the consolidation of Pusan (South Korea) at the end of 2016.“The recovery of global trade in 2017 has outperformed previous expectations and we have seen significant upward revisions by economists and industry experts. Benefitting from the improved trading environment and market share gains from the new shipping alliances, our global portfolio continues to deliver ahead-of-market growth and this across all three regions,” Sultan Ahmed Bin Sulayem, DP World Group Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, said.“We have seen an acceleration of growth rates in the third quarter as we employ the right strategy and the relevant deep-water capacity in the key markets,” Bin Sulayem added.During the third quarter, DP World added 1.5 million TEU of new capacity in Jebel Ali’s Terminal 3 (T3) and 0.5 million TEU in Prince Rupert, Canada.“We expect our portfolio’s volume growth to continue to outperform the market and given the encouraging performance so far, we remain well placed to meet full year 2017 market expectations,” Bin Sulayem said.
Unnao/ Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government Monday said it was ready to conduct a CBI probe into the road accident in which the Unnao rape survivor and her lawyer received grievous injuries, with the mother of the 19 year old victim charging the incident was a conspiracy to wipe out her family. A car in which the woman, her family and lawyer were travelling was hit by an overspeeding truck in Rae Bareli on Sunday, killing two members and leaving her and the advocate critically injured Also Read – India gets first tranche of Swiss bank a/c details The incident found its echo in Parliament with SP member Ram Gopal Yadav Monday alleging an attempt was made to “kill” the rape victim. Yadav said the security personnel provided to her was not with the victim at the time of the accident and registration plate of the truck involved was covered with grease. BJP MLA Kuldeep Singh Sengar is an accused in the rape case and he was arrested on April 13 last year. The Uttar Pradesh government is ready for a CBI probe into the accident of the Unnao rape victim, who had accused a BJP legislator of rape, if a request is made, Director General of Police O P Singh said. Also Read – Tourists to be allowed in J&K from Thursday “The truck was over-speeding and it was raining also. Prima facie, appears to be an accident, but a detailed unbiased probe is on in the matter,” Singh told reporters in Lucknow. “The state government is ready for recommending a CBI probe into the Sunday’s mishap in Rae Bareli if the victim’s mother or any relative makes any request in this regard,” Singh said. The mother of the victim, speaking to reporters in Unnao, alleged: “It was not an accident but a conspiracy to eliminate all of us.” Tagging a media report on the accident, Congress leader, Rahul Gandhi tweeted:” “Beti Bachao-Beti Padhao. A new special education bulletin for Indian women. Don’t ask questions if a BJP MLA is accused of having raped you.” While, Congress general secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra described the incident as shocking, SP chief Akhilesh Yadav sought a CBI probe. Meanwhile, the Delhi Commission For Women chief Swati Maliwal met the Unnao rape survivor at a Lucknow hospital and said she should be airlifted to Delhi for better treatment as she is “critical”. in a tweet, BSP supremo Mayawati said: “Her (the rape victim’s) maternal and paternal aunts were killed and she herself and her advocate are seriously injured. The Supreme Court need to take cognizance of the matter and ensure strict action.” Unnao Superintendent of Police MP Verma said that one gunner and two women constables have been assigned round-the-clock duty for the safety of the survivor and her family, but they were not present at the time of the accident. “An inquiry has been ordered to look into the reasons as to why the security personnel were not present with her and action will be taken after getting a report,” Verma said. A police team that rushed to the spot in Rae Bareli after the accident found that the truck’s registration plate scrubbed and painted black, but they could retrieve the registration number UP 71 AT 8300, a police official said. The truck has a Fatehpur district registration plate, Lucknow Zone ADG Rajeev Krishna said. When asked if the registration plate was tampered with, Krishna said it will be sent for forensic checks to ascertain the facts. Teams from Lucknow have reached Rae Bareli for investigation.
Flooded with calls after recent reporting on sexual harassment allegations against industry titans Harvey Weinstein and James Toback, the Toronto chapter of the union that represents English language actors in Canada is resolving to do more to protect its members against predators. Advertisement Advertisement LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment Tova said the calls “don’t stop,” naming everyone from Weinstein and Toback to “a myriad of other names in very, very surprising spaces.” “They’re preying on young 19-year-olds, 20-year-olds who don’t have careers yet, they’re not preying on Meryl Streep,” she added.The ACTRA Toronto, which represents more than 15,000 Canadian performers, has hired a special advisor to review their own policies, practices and training on harassment. If someone has a complaint against a fellow member they can file a grievance, but it gets trickier when the complaint is against someone outside of that union, like a director or producer.READ MORE Facebook Advertisement Login/Register With: “No matter what we’ve been doing, and we’ve been doing a lot of really good things in this area, for a number of years, it’s not good enough,” Theresa Tova, president of Alliance of Canadian Cinema, Television and Radio Artists (ACTRA) Toronto told Metro. Reporting on Harvey Weinstein has brought sexual assault and sexual harassment to the forefront. CHRIS PIZZELLO/INVISION/AP, FILE) Twitter