The office of the Chief Electoral Officer of Madhya Pradesh has so far issued notices to 161 candidates who had allegedly paid for the publication of ‘favourable’ news in various media outlets in the run-up to the Assembly polls in Madhya Pradesh.“161 notifications have been issued by the Returning Officers to various candidates in suspected paid news cases in the State during the Vidhan Sabha election. Fifteen candidates have admitted to the news mentioned in the notifications issued by the Returning Officer being paid news and accepted the addition of the amount to their election expenditure,” said Joint Chief Electoral Officer Rajesh Kaul.Poll expenditure Mr. Kaul said the district-level media certification and monitoring committees have recommended that the paid news amount be added to the candidate’s election expenditure in as many as 146 cases so far.Six appeals against recommendations made by the district-level committees of Ujjain and Betul had been received by the State-level committee, a poll official said. The State committee upheld the recommendation of the district body after hearing the appeals.Regional publicationsA major chunk of complaints on paid news were against vernacular and regional media publications, the official added.Assembly elections were held in all 230 constituencies of the State on November 28, and the counting of votes will take place on December 11. The Congress is in a direct face-off with the BJP, which has been in power for the past 15 years.
Trump signs bills in support of Hong Kong protesters Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games Celebrity chef Gary Rhodes dies at 59 with wife by his side Tio, despite his hot shooting, said he still needs to adjust to playing in the UAAP and it just so happened he had the stroke against the Fighting Maroons.“I won’t say I already grasp the UAAP but at that moment I was feeling good so I had the confidence to shoot,” said Tio.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Celebrity chef Gary Rhodes dies at 59 with wife by his side View comments Robredo should’ve resigned as drug czar after lack of trust issue – Panelo SEA Games medal-winning PH sepak takraw team treated to hearty lunch Photo by Tristan Tamayo/INQUIRER.netAteneo guard Tyler Tio had to sit out Season 79 due to his citizenship, and when Season 80 started he had to wait once again as his bum ankle wouldn’t allow him to play.So when he finally got the chance to hit the floor on Wednesday, the Canadian-born guard released his pent-up frustrations.ADVERTISEMENT Ethel Booba on hotel’s clarification that ‘kikiam’ is ‘chicken sausage’: ‘Kung di pa pansinin, baka isipin nila ok lang’ NATO’s aging eye in the sky to get a last overhaul Lacson: SEA Games fund put in foundation like ‘Napoles case’ Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Tio was perfect from the field going 6-for-6 en route to 14 points in just 11 minutes as he helped Ateneo flatten University of the Philippines, 92-71, at Smart Araneta Coliseum.“I was excited to play but I wasn’t thinking that I had to score this amount of points, I just wanted to make sure that I played correctly,” said Tio, who had 10 points in the fourth quarter alone.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSBoxers Pacquiao, Petecio torchbearers for SEA Games openingThe 5-foot-11 guard wasn’t able to play in Season 79 as he couldn’t secure a Philippine passport in time and was considered as a foreigner.Ateneo had Nigerian Chibueze Ikeh in the roster and the UAAP allows just one foreigner per roster. Hotel says PH coach apologized for ‘kikiam for breakfast’ claim LATEST STORIES MOST READ
SALT LAKE CITY, UT – The Salt Lake City GOYA Boys Basketball Teams won the Championship at the recent Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Denver Basketball Tournament in Dallas, TX and the Catholic Youth Organization (CYO) Tournament. The Junior Boys Teams won the Championship in Dallas.Additionally, the GOYA Basketball Teams play in a local CYO in Utah since the area does not have enough Greek Orthodox churches to form a basketball league. The Senior Boys and Intermediate Boys won the CYO Championships.All of the participants from all the Championship games posed for a photo with V. Rev. Archimandrite George Nikas, and Rev. Mario Giannopoulos at Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Cathedral in Salt Lake City. Fr. Nikas is the Dean of the Cathedral and Prophet Elias Church and Fr. Giannopoulos is the parish priest.TweetPinShare0 Shares