Florida Lawmaker Reports Death Threats for Requesting FDLE investigate PBSO’s Handling of Epstein

first_imgA Florida lawmaker says she’s being threatened after calling for an FDLE probe into Jeffrey Epstein’s previous incarceration.Democrat State Senator Lauren Book says PBSO’s investigation into itself is a conflict of interest and sent a letter to Governor Ron DeSantis asking that he order an FDLE investigation. Book told the Miami Herald she’s been getting threatening calls from supporters of Palm Beach Sheriff Ric Bradshaw, who handled Epstein’s work release program during his 13-month prison sentence. She asked Governor Ron DeSantis on Monday to investigate why the registered sex offender was allowed to work at a private office during his jail time. The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office launched a criminal investigation into the deputies that supervised Epstein’s work release. This is in addition to an internal investigation that the department is already doing. Epstein is alleged to have visited his Palm Beach estate at least nine times to possibly have sex during his work release program after pleading guilty to a prostitution charge in 2008.Meanwhile, Epstein is on suicide watch after he was found on the floor of his cell with apparent injuries to his neckOfficials say Epstein is back in his New York jail cell after being treated for the injuries. He was found on the floor of his cell in a semi-conscious state with marks on his neck. It is not clear whether Epstein harmed himself in an attempt to commit suicide or to get transferred or if he was attacked in his cell by another inmate.An attorney for Epstein’s cell mate says that despite the rumors, his client had nothing to with the injuries.Epstein who has pleaded not guilty to federal conspiracy and sex trafficking charges, is next due in court on July 31st.last_img read more

Teen allegedly shot by stepfather for refusing to shelter in place

first_imgPolice in Atlanta are reporting that a 16-year-old boy was shot to death by his stepfather after the teen refused to obey their orders to shelter in place and left the home.The incident occurred just after 8 p.m. on Wednesday night.Authorities says they received a call about a teen who had been shot and arrived to the home to find 16-year-old De’ onte Roberts suffering from a fatal gunshot wound.Roberts was rushed to Grady Memorial Hospital where he ultimately died from his injuries.Roberts’ mother told authorities that the incident began earlier in the day as an argument because the teen wanted to go out despite the county’s orders to remain at home.  The teen left the home anyway and when he returned later that day, he kicked down the door of the home to regain entry.That’s when he and the stepfather, 43-year-old Bernie Hargrove got into a physical altercation. Hargrove then pulled a gun and shot the teen.Hargrove has since been arrested and charged with felony murder. He was denied bond during his court hearing on Thursday is currently being held at the Fulton County Jail.last_img read more

Florida man stole $1M yacht, crashed it and abandoned it

first_imgA Florida man stole a million-dollar yacht, then abandoned it after accidentally crashing it into some pilings, police say.Pinellas County Sheriff’s deputies say Donnovan Russell Jester stole the 46-foot 2019 Jeanneau Leader with a value of $899,179 back in March.According to an arrest report, he cruised off, but slammed into four channel-marker pilings and quickly abandoned the boat, leaving it to drift into an oyster bed.Investigators found a left thumbprint on the cabin door that was matched to Jester.He was arrested and charged with grand theft of a vessel on Thursday.last_img read more

Top seed takes short route to semi-finals

first_img Top seed Julie Brown took just 24 holes today to march through the first two rounds and into the semi-finals of the English senior women’s championship at Sandy Lodge, near Watford.Tomorrow she will play Debbie Richards of Surrey who, by contrast, played 20 holes in her quarter final alone, before beating Lulu Housman.The other semi-final will be between four-times champion Chris Quinn of Hampshire and Katherine Russell of Sussex. Both players are former British senior champions.Chris Quinn (Hockley) has masses of experience in this event – but this is new ground for the others. Julie Brown (Trentham) is playing in the championship for the first time as a new senior, while Debbie Richards (Burhill) and Katherine Russell (Royal Ashdown Forest) are taking part in the championship flight for the first time.Julie, (pictured top) who is a past winner on the Ladies European Tour, spoke for them all when she looked forward to tomorrow and remarked: “I’m up for it!” She’s made short work of the matchplay so far, winning on the 11th in the first round and on the 13th in the quarter final.Today she was clinical about hitting fairways and greens and, when she did miss an occasional target, she demonstrated a devastating short game, chipping in, chipping dead and holing from a distance. She won her first round match 8/7 and her quarter final against Berkshire champion Linda Hunt 6/5.Debbie Richards won a great battle against Lulu Housman (Highgate) to take her place in the semi-final, with much of the deciding action hinging on the putting.Lulu saw putts horseshoe out twice as Debbie won three holes in a row on the back nine. Debbie, in turn, three putted both the 17th and 18th to see her two-up lead disappear. However, after halving the 19th in par, she safely two-putted from behind the green on the 20th to win the match. “I’m delighted to get through,” she said.Chris Quinn has worked hard for her place in the semi-finals. She secured her spot in the championship flight in a play-off; in the first matchplay round she came back from three down with three to play to defeat defending champion Janet Melville on the 20th. This afternoon, she defeated Cheshire’s Gillian Mellor on the 17th by the margin of 2/1.“I just can’t believe I’ve got through!” she said. “I’m not playing at my best, but I have driven the ball really well which has helped.”The final game, between Katherine Russell and Sue Dye of Cheshire pitted two senior internationals against each other. The contest was tight over the opening holes but on the back nine Katherine gradually created a three-up lead. Sue pulled one back when she won the 16th, but a half on 17 decided the 2/1 result.“I played quite well and a lot better than I did over the two qualifying days!” said Katherine. “Today it all came together, I’m striking the ball well and looking forward to tomorrow.”The second flight semi-finals will be between Carole Weir (Beaconsfield) and Felicity Christine (Woking); and Barbara Laird (Sandiway) and Caroline Berry (Bromborough).Image © Leaderboard Photography 24 Apr 2014 Top seed takes short route to semi-finals last_img read more

T20 World Cup to (hopefully) go ahead as planned: Cricket Australia

first_imgImage Courtesy: CA/ICCAdvertisement 1mhibdNBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs6d1mdhWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre Ej03( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) 65fWould you ever consider trying this?😱9y6tkCan your students do this? 🌚9Roller skating! Powered by Firework Not even a month ago, Australia hosted the 2020 ICC WOmen’s T20 World Cup, where they successfully defended the title against the Indian Women’s cricket team in the final. Whilst gearing up for the Men’s T20 World Cup again later this year- the Aussies have come up with a big hurdle- the Coronavirus pandemic. The global outbreak of the COVID-19 virus has caused several major sports tournaments go get cancelled or postponed. However, Cricket Australia, the governing body of the sport in the country, is primarily hopeful on successfully conducting the T20 World Cup.Advertisement Image Courtesy: CA/ICCIt was only a couple of days ago when ICC themselves gave green signal on the Men’s T20WC. In a recent statement, ICC disclosed that there are no change of plans as of now, and the tournament will go ahead as planned.“The ICC Men’s T20 World Cup is scheduled to take place from October 18 – November 15 2020 in seven venues across Australia. We are planning for the event to go ahead as scheduled,” the statement read.Advertisement There has been 438 confirmed Coronavirus cases in Australia in total, and five of the patients have died. Amidst the worrying situation in the country, the ongoing ODI series between Australia and New Zealand was cancelled after the hosts won the first match at the Sydney Cricket Ground. Additionally, all further fixtures of cricket int the season was suspended.However, there has been no update on the upcoming cricket world cup, and on the heels of ICC’s confirmation, Cricket Australia themselves have shown confidence to conduct the tournament as planned, as CA’s chief Kevin Roberts said in an interview on Tuesday.Advertisement “We’re really hoping that all forms of sport can be played again in a few weeks’ or a few months’ time. None of us are experts in this situation obviously, so our hope is that we’re back in very much normal circumstances come October and November when the men’s T20 World Cup is to be played,” Roberts told reporters.“And at this stage we’re planning on November 15, to have a full house at the MCG (Melbourne Cricket Ground) to inspire the world through men’s cricket as the women’s cricketers did here just last week,” the CA chief added.The seventh edition of the Men’s T20 World CUup will start with Sri Lanka vs Ireland and papua New Guinea vs Oman at the Kardinia Park stadium in Victoria on October 18th 2020.Also read-Sachin compared fight against Coronavirus to Test cricket in plea to publicDespite Coronavirus, here are the sports leagues still going on! Advertisementlast_img read more