Dispute between the City of Dubrovnik and Excelsa nekretnina resolved: The Dubrovnik cable car starts operating

first_imgAlthough ATMs are located in private premises, the fact is that they disturb the views of the historic core and the UNESCO protected site, and thus disturb the view of the same. “These are significant funds for the City of Dubrovnik that we will spend on improving the infrastructure, starting from the sports one onwards”, Said the Mayor of the City of Dubrovnik, Mato Franković, adding that the City of Dubrovnik will earn around 10 million kuna annually from the concession fee. This decision was made due to pressure and protests from the citizens of Dubrovnik, who expressed their dissatisfaction due to “ATMophobia” in the old town. They placed flowers in front of ATMs in protest. At yesterday’s 23rd session of the City Council, an out-of-court settlement was reached between the City of Dubrovnik and Excelsa nekretnina doo as well as the Decision on granting a concession, thus creating all conditions for the continuation of the popular Dubrovnik cable car. the city of Dubrovnik was closed this year. Certainly, as the Dubrovnik cable car was one of the TOP attractions of all visitors to Dubrovnik, and as its closure caused the most damage to Dubrovnik as a destination. So resolving this dispute is certainly great news for Dubrovnik. ” The fine is 10 thousand kuna per legal entity and two thousand kuna for the responsible person. Penalties will be written every day because the law allows it, so we will see if it suits anyone to receive a 300 thousand kuna fine”Pointed out the Mayor of the City of Dubrovnik, Mato Franković, writes Dubrovnik Diary. ATMs are leaving the old town Certainly a move to praise and finally the introduction of order in Dubrovnik. When we talk about sustainable development, we are certainly talking about the space and identity that we must preserve, which is our most valuable resource. Unfortunately, we are a decade behind, if not more, behind such a mindset, but the example from Dubrovnik is proof that it is still not too late and that we can still save what can be saved. The decision made it forbidden to install ATMs as well as other devices and advertising cabinets, and that the existing ATMs must be removed within 30 days, unless the owner receives the approval of the Conservation Department of the Ministry of Culture. Dubrovnik councilors also adopted amendments to the Decision on Communal Order, which should ring ATMs in the historic center if the owners do not obtain the approval of the conservator. The dispute between the City of Dubrovnik and the company Excelsa nekretnina, which are the owners of the famous Dubrovnik cable car, has finally been resolved. Photo: Pexels.com Thus, the debt from the past will be settled, with which the City of Dubrovnik will be paid HRK 26 million, and from now on the variable part of the concession fee is determined in the amount of 15% of revenues from the sale of cable car tickets, while the concession is granted for 50 year. Cover photo: Dubrovnik Cable Carlast_img read more

Indonesia, South Korea join hands in COVID-19 response

first_imgBetween the two countries, the COVID-19 outbreak began much earlier in South Korea, near the end of January, whereas Indonesia only reported its first confirmed case in early March.At the time, there were so many unknown factors to the disease, but now Indonesia stands to benefit from the wealth of data available to determine the direction of its COVID-19 response.“[It] would practically make the unknown that little bit more familiar, and researchers could shed more light on what works and what doesn’t or what policies could be pursued,” Umar said during a virtual discussion hosted by the Centre for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), on Wednesday.South Korea endured one of the worst early outbreaks of the disease outside China, and while it never imposed a compulsory lockdown, strict social distancing had been widely observed since March. Indonesia looks to learn more from South Korea in raising its capacity to curb viral infections, officials have said, as the special strategic partners work together in the multilateral response to the COVID-19 pandemic.Having recorded some of the highest transmission rates in all of Southeast Asia, Indonesia has struggled to “flatten the curve” of infection due to its limited testing capacity and slapdash policy decisions.Indonesian Ambassador to South Korea Umar Hadi said the Korean Center for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC) and other related institutions could help Indonesian authorities respond better to the viral outbreak. Now the South appears to have brought its outbreak under control thanks to an extensive “trace, test and treat” program that has drawn widespread praise, AFP reports.In a population of 51 million, its death toll is little more than 250, and new cases have slowed to just a handful – 13 in the past three days, all of them arriving international passengers.At its peak, the country reported 909 cases in late February, Yonhap news agency reported.In contrast, since President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo announced the first confirmed cases, Indonesia has recorded 12,776 infections and 930 deaths, according to Thursday’s official tally.“I think Indonesia can learn from this valuable data,” Umar said.“We need a kind of more structured, institutionalized communication or sharing between the KCDC and maybe the BNPB [National Disaster Mitigation Agency] or the Health Ministry in Indonesia so we can also benefit from the data collected in [South] Korea.”CSIS executive director Philips J. Vermonte pointed out that the pandemic had exposed vulnerabilities in various aspects of governance in Indonesia, especially its decision making and institutional capacity.Unlike South Korea, which had taken swift action against the outbreak, Philips said Indonesia had been very slow to respond in the beginning, and then proceeded with a half-hearted policy.The government took almost two weeks after its first COVID-19 case to set up a rapid response team, and the large-scale social restrictions (PSBB) were only introduced by the end of March, at a time when more than 1,500 people were already infected by the coronavirus.Since the onset of the pandemic, Indonesia and South Korea have joined hands to cooperate on mitigating the health crisis.In late March, South Korea put Indonesia on its priority list for quarantine supplies exports, which includes test kits.The government in Seoul recently pledged to provide a US$500,000 grant to Indonesia in the form of test kits and rechargeable power sprayers for sanitation.Previously, the head of the national COVID-19 task force, Doni Monardo, said Indonesia exported ready-to-use personal protective equipment (PPE) to South Korea as compensation for procuring raw materials from the South to meet domestic needs.The Foreign Ministry’s director general for Asia, Pacific and African affairs, Desra Percaya, noted that the two countries just concluded negotiations on the Indonesia-South Korea Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (IK-CEPA), but said that, “in order for this to work, we should first address, adapt and adjust to the ‘new normal’ by working hand in hand to revive international trade as an engine for growth”.The two countries concluded the negotiations in November last year and look to sign the CEPA by the first half of 2020.South Korean Ambassador to Indonesia Kim Chang-beom hailed the cooperation, saying the two countries have worked well when compared to partnerships with other countries.“President Moon [Jae-in] and President Jokowi spoke the same language when they attended the G20 special virtual summit in April,” he said during the discussion on Wednesday.“And then our foreign ministers Ibu Retno [Marsudi] and Minister Kang [Kyung-hwa] have led efforts to tackle COVID-19 through global collaboration and coordinated responses at various forums.”Topics :last_img read more