No Problems With Nesta – Bolt

first_imgTrack and Field legend Usain Bolt has said that whatever the outcome of a possible appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) by the legal team of Jamaican sprint relay teammate Nesta Carter, the two will always remain friends.Jamaica’s 4x100m relay team of Bolt, Carter, Asafa Powell, Michael Frater and Dwight Thomas, which won gold at the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, China had to hand over the gold medals to the Jamaica Olympic Association (JOA) yesterday.This was after Carter was disqualified by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) from the Games, after retroactively testing positive for the banned substance methylhexaneamine.NO RECENT CONTACTBolt told The Gleaner that he does not know how the other affected members of the team are feeling as he has not spoken with any of them since Wednesday’s ruling.”I haven’t had a discussion with anybody,” Bolt said. “I haven’t seen anybody in a while, so I guess when we see them, we’ll have a discussion.”It has been public discussion that Bolt and his teammates may now harbour bad feelings towards Carter, especially since being stripped of the medal means he can no longer claim to have won a ‘triple treble’ of Olympic gold medals in the 100m and 200m sprints as well as the 4x100m relays.However, Bolt has dismissed this, saying his friendship with Carter is too strong to be affected by the decision.”I’m not gonna despise anybody for anything,” Bolt said. “Nesta and I are still friends. We came up through the ranks in high school, so we’re still friends, and I really don’t have a problem with Nesta.”Bolt said that all that is on his mind at this moment is continuing to win in 2017, although he has not yet finished planning which meets he will compete in this season.”It’s all about winning, and that’s always my focus. That’s what I want,” Bolt added. “My calendar’s not made up yet, and we’re (he and his management team) just taking our time and working our way from there. I’m not sure which race I’ll be running yet though.”last_img read more

SWEET FACTORY GIVEN REPRIEVE WITH MAJOR ORDER

first_imgThe fifteen workers at the Oatfield Sweet Factory in Letterkenny have been given a temporary reprieve.Donegaldaily.com has learned that the company has received a major order which will keep the company in production until at least May.There had been fears that Z Candy, the company which owns Oatfields, was about to shut the plant at the Gortlee Roundabout. It was thought the company had agreed to sell the land on which the plant was located to a major supermarket retailer.However a source at the plant revealed: “A decent order has come into the plant and that will keep the immediate future of the company in safe hands.“If that order can be fulfilled, the who knows what’s around the corner.“Workers are nervous after all the rumours but hopefully this will give them some kind of stability.” LEAVE YOUR COMMENT BELOW© 2011 donegaldaily.com, all Rights ReservedThe copying, republication or redistribution of donegaldaily.com Content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited by law.Follow us on www.twitter.com/donegaldailyFollow us on www.facebook.com/donegaldaily SWEET FACTORY GIVEN REPRIEVE WITH MAJOR ORDER was last modified: February 22nd, 2012 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:letterkennyOatfieldsZ Candylast_img read more