Recto seeks to establish Taal rehab body to aid community, eruption victims Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next MOST READ LATEST STORIES Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Jiro Manio arrested for stabbing man in Marikina Conor McGregor seeks to emerge from controversy in UFC comeback Scarlett Johansson, Sterling K. Brown among SAG Awards presenters San Miguel nears 4th straight All-Filipino title, squeaks past Magnolia Judy Ann’s 1st project for 2020 is giving her a ‘stomachache’ Cabuyao City rising above the ashes through volunteerism “It’s going to be a good practice for us,” said Terrence in Filipino on Tuesday after his first training session with the KaTropa.For Romeo, the trad which sent him from GlobalPort with Yousef Taha in exchange for Mo Tautuaa and future picks gives him a better chance of forging deadly combo with Castro, not just for TNT but also for the national team.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkSPORTSTim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crown“It will be easy for us to have that chemistry alongside each other because we’ll be together from our practices. We won’t have much adjustment, too, when we’re in Gilas because it’s almost the same system we’re running, it’s still dribble-drive,” said the three-time Scoring Champion.The Castro-Romeo duo was one of the biggest stories coming off from the deal and the TNT management couldn’t help but dreaming of the days when the team was spearheaded by Castro and Jimmy Alapag. In Liverpool, Man United sees the pain and path to recovery But before the two hit the court together, the 26-year-old guard is challenging himself to get back to his old form in preparation for the 2018 PBA Commissioner’s Cup.“I’m still out-of-shape, so I’m hoping that I get my conditioning back by opening day,” he said with the KaTropa opening their second conference schedule against the Batang Pier on April 22.“I need to be fast in picking up the system because my goal here is to help the others and lessen the load for everyone,” he said.ADVERTISEMENT Terrence Romeo attends his first practice as a part of TNT. Photo by Randolph B. LeongsonTerrence Romeo is a man of his word, and he never forgets his promise to suit up for Gilas Pilipinas in the third window of the 2019 FIBA World Cup qualifiers.And as things would have it, his partnership with Jayson Castro came three months early with his arrival to TNT.ADVERTISEMENT Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew View comments
A Web Developer’s New Best Friend is the AI Wai… Tags:#Google#How To#voice#web mike melanson Google officially announcedtoday that, for a one-time $20 fee, Google Voice users could move their mobile phone number over to the service. The move was rumored when Engadget first noticed the feature’s availability last week, but Google said that it was only a test and that it planned to offer the feature to all users in the near future. According to some, porting your phone number over to the service can be an experience not unlike an LSD trip gone awry. If you want to avoid this, Google offers a few tips on how to make it an easy and smooth transition.When you port your number over to Google Voice, your existing phone carrier cancels your phone line. This is the first, and most important, thing you need to consider. This means that you can be subject to those $200+ early termination fees and you can likely be without service for a period of time. Google Voice, though a VoIP solution in many ways, will not work on your cell phone without cellular service, much as it won’t work on your 3G iPad.To this point, Google suggests that you contact your carrier prior to initiating the porting process and set up a second mobile number and service. “As soon as this second number is added to your account,” the company explains, “go to voice.google.com, click on Settings, and under Phones add this new, second number as a forwarding phone.” If you’re an SMS-addict, also take note that Google warns that you can experience “disruptions in sending and receiving text messages for up to 3 business days.”Now that you’ve been fairly warned about some pre-steps you might want to take, how do you make the switch?Go to Google Voice, click Settings in the upper right corner and choose Voice Settings from the drop-down menu.You’ll see your Google Voice number in the middle of the window with a link to “Change / Port”. Click on it.Fill out all the forms and you’re done.So, the actual porting process is simple. Currently, the feature is only available to existing Google Voice users and to mobile numbers, not landlines. Before you make the final leap, you might consider Danny Sullivan’s tale of Google Voice use for the past six months. According to Sullivan, the service provides a much more seamless experience on Android than iPhone. He also says that text messages can come in “very delayed” and that their integration into the phone is not complete, even on the Android side of things.What do you think? Does it sound worth it to you? Top Reasons to Go With Managed WordPress Hosting Related Posts Why Tech Companies Need Simpler Terms of Servic… 8 Best WordPress Hosting Solutions on the Market
Hollywood is adapting to decreasing profits by embracing new media outlets and production models. What should filmmakers do to adapt?Cover image via Shutterstock.The film industry has just recorded its worst performance at the box office in more than a decade, selling 400,000,000 fewer tickets than the previous year. While studios and publications are finding many avenues to blame for this summer’s poor performance, it seems to simply be a case of changing consumer behavior.The ways we watch movies have completely changed — from the smallest indie film to biggest Hollywood blockbuster. For filmmakers, observing and adapting to this ever-changing model is the key to a long and sustainable career in the industry.Image via Shutterstock.Is Rotten Tomatoes to Blame? When there’s a new film coming out, many of us immediately go to Rotten Tomatoes and check the film’s latest score. A recent New York Times article reports that Rotten Tomatoes was to blame for the poor performance this summer. While consumers, myself included, and movie-goers do have greater access to reviews and information than ever before, it doesn’t seem to correlate as much as anticipated.For example, while the film Detroit received excellent reviews, it still performed poorly in the box office. In contrast, The Emoji Movie was reviewed poorly but still performed well at the box office. Even though Rotten Tomatoes most likely does have a strong influence on consumer behavior, it doesn’t seem to be the main motivating factor.Image via New York Times.From the NYT article:Studio executives’ complaints about Rotten Tomatoes include the way its Tomatometer hacks off critical nuance, the site’s seemingly loose definition of who qualifies as a critic and the spread of Tomatometer scores across the web. Last year, scores started appearing on Fandango, the online movie ticket-selling site, leading to grousing that a rotten score next to the purchase button was the same as posting this message: You are an idiot if you pay to see this movie.Are Movie-Goers Bored with Reboots and Sequels?Journalists have also been placing the blame with crowds growing tired of reboots and sequels. I must admit that I’ve grown tired of them too. However, once you dive deeper into the statistics, this still doesn’t reveal the truth. Guardians of the Galaxy V. 2 performed very well, and Stephen King’s IT has just had the best opening for a horror film, ever. Both of these films were either sequels or reboots.With all of this in mind, one must wonder why is there such a steady decline in theater attendance. It seems that the answer may just be as simple as changing consumer viewing habits.Image via Shutterstock.What’s Changed? Recently, there have been talks about Apple potentially buying the rights for the James Bond film franchise. This piece of news, I feel, is the key to understanding just how consumer viewing habits are going to continue shifting. Looking at Apple’s track record, it’s hard to believe that if Apple purchased the rights to the franchise, they would send their first produced film to theaters. It would most likely be an online release. A new James Bond film straight to streaming could be the catalyst in a huge paradigm shift.A recent article from The Atlantic dives more into Hollywood’s poor summer performance. Interestingly, ticket sales for movies have been steadily declining for years.2000 – 2017 U.S. Movie Ticket SalesImage via The Atlantic.Netflix and online video seem to be the main reason for Hollywood’s summer of decline. Consumers now have more options than ever before. They can watch movies at their own leisure in the comfort of their own homes, which is nothing new. However, what is new are the vast catalogs of content consumers have at their fingertips.Image and data via The Numbers.Hollywood’s best chance, not just at survival but at thriving, is to embrace this change in consumer behavior. We, as filmmakers, must also not just adapt to change but embrace it. Much like the change in consumer behavior for Hollywood, the world of independent filmmaking is undergoing massive shifts. Throughout my experience, I’ve noticed three traits a filmmaker needs to succeed in the ever-changing environment (and market) of independent filmmaking.What Can I Do As A Filmmaker to Change with the Market?1. Networking Is Now Just MarketingThe concept of networking is nothing new. However, the ways in which we network are shifting. I assert that nothing will ever replace face-to-face networking. That’s the golden standard. There will always be something more trustworthy and reliable about meeting someone, working on set, and producing great projects together. However, many tools have surfaced in the last ten years to make networking more meaningful — and to expand your reach outside of your own network. The line between networking and marketing yourself as a filmmaker is more blurred than ever before.An active online presence is essential to finding success as a content creator. Creating and maintaining an active online presence now is more than just putting up a website. Being active on multiple social platforms is essential. Take Instagram for example. Yes, nearly everyone has an account, but how actively are you using Instagram as a tool to promote yourself and network with like-minded filmmakers?Image via Shutterstock.I never took Instagram seriously as a platform for networking. However, once agencies began to contact me after they saw my profile, I knew I needed to pay more attention to it. Aside from posting pictures from productions you’ve worked on, use it as a tool to hone your craft by taking and posting more photos of things you like. Relay your unique style and vision.Another way to network online is to list your equipment on services like Sharegrid. It’s a great way to meet and network with other filmmakers. Like networking, marketing is now also key to establishing a larger reach.2. Owning Equipment Is ImportantOwn your equipment. The days of a DP or cinematographer owning zero equipment are nearly gone. I understand that this is a topic of hot debate. However you can’t argue that DPs are expected now more than ever to bring equipment to the table. This isn’t true 100 percent of time, but the expectation is increasing. That equipment may include anything from a camera body to lenses to gimbals.In today’s market, providing value to a production will help you to obtain more work. Yes, many great Hollywood DPs don’t own a single piece of equipment. However, we’re not those DPs. The market was drastically different when they were coming up through the ranks. While we’re striving to establish ourselves as filmmakers, there are things we need to do to provide added value to a production.Image via Shutterstock.If you’re serious about filmmaking and expanding your career as a cinematographer, purchasing quality equipment should be a much easier pill to swallow. I recently met with a production company, and the executive producer said, “I can usually tell where a DP is in their career by the type of camera they own.” That hit like a ton of bricks. Yes, it may not be 100 percent true, but there is still a lot of truth in that statement.Don’t just own any equipment — own quality equipment. Have gear that you can rent to the production. Own equipment that you can rent out even if they’re not hiring you as a crew member. By going this route, not only will you gain more clients, but you’ll also bring in more revenue by investing in assets.3. Make More Passion ProjectsPassion projects essentially boil down to creating a quality piece of work that shows off your creativity and filmmaking vision. It doesn’t have to be a $30,000 short film. It can simply be a commercial you’re doing that you love and wish to put a little more effort, time, and resources into.Now it’s easier than ever to post your content for the world to see. Passion projects are the easiest way to get your content and vision as a filmmaker out to the masses. If you network well and own your own equipment, creating passion projects become much easier and more affordable.Image via Shutterstock.One of my own passion projects is still what gets me a lot of work. Yes, passion projects are hard to make time for. However, they can define careers. Taking time out of your busy schedule to hone and invest in your own creativity can be one of the best approaches you can teach yourself as a filmmaker. Instead of limiting yourself to only working on corporate, commercial, or other people’s features, create your own features, shorts, or art pieces. Help yourself grow as a creative, and don’t expect other people to do it for you.Times are changing for creative filmmakers — and even for Hollywood. Anticipating these changes and being at their forefront is what will ensure a long and stable career.
Mumbai: The Maharashtra cabinet on Tuesday cleared the proposal to carve out a separate Pimpri-Chinchwad Police commissionerate from the existing Pune police commissionerate, with an aim to tackle the growing population, urbanisation, industrialisation, number of motor vehicles, political constituencies and increasing number of complaints. “Pimpri-Chinchwad has grown immensely in recent years. In addition, it hosts a large number of industries, IT companies in areas like Hinjewadi, and colleges. With constant influx of labourers from across the country in all industries, it has been observed that crime rate too is increasing,” said Girish Bapat, Guardian minister of Pune district. “The new arrangement will help in quick response to the crimes reported and maintain the law and order situation,” he said. The proposed commissionerate will have 15 police stations, namely Nigdi, Pimpri, Chinchwad, Bhosri, Bhosri MIDC, Wakad, Hinjewadi, Sangavi, Dighi and Chikhli from the urban areas while Chakan, Alandi, Dehuroad, Talegaon-Dabhade and Talegaon MIDC from rural part. It will cater to a population of around 22 to 23 lakh. On administrative front, the new commissionerate will require creation of 2,633 posts, which will be undertaken in three stages. For the first stage ₹107.72 crore will be spent on creation of 1,568 posts while ₹24.04 crore will be for office use ,and ₹188.83 crore for construction of residence. “We will require land of around 100 acres to set up a new office building, search for which has begun. The entire process would take a month or two,” said Mr. Bapat.
Chelsea Chelsea team news: Injuries, suspensions and line-up vs Bournemouth Nizaar Kinsella Click here to see more stories from this author Chelsea correspondent Last updated 1 year ago 20:00 1/30/18 FacebookTwitterRedditcopy Comments(2) Getty Images Chelsea AFC Bournemouth Antonio Conte Morata Willian Premier League The Blues are aiming to build further momentum on Wednesday as they take on Eddie Howe’s side at Stamford Bridge Chelsea face Bournemouth on Wednesday looking to build on their FA Cup win over Newcastle and close the gap on the two Manchester clubs in front of them.Antonio Conte’s side defeated Newcastle 3-0 on Sunday, with Michy Batshuayi, who is likely to leave the club before the January transfer window closes, scoring two goals.With Alvaro Morata an injury doubt and Batshuayi likely to be in the process of a move on deadline day, Eden Hazard may be utilised in attack as the Blues aim to move ahead of United in the table, if results go their way. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Lyon treble & England heartbreak: The full story behind Lucy Bronze’s dramatic 2019 Liverpool v Man City is now the league’s biggest rivalry and the bitterness is growing Megan Rapinoe: Born & brilliant in the U.S.A. A Liverpool legend in the making: Behind Virgil van Dijk’s remarkable rise to world’s best player CHELSEA INJURIES Chelsea have a host of injuries with Alvaro Morata unlikely to play due to a back injury. Willian, meanwhile, has a hamstring complaint but he has said that he is in contention to face Watford next Monday. Thibaut Courtois is expected to return against Bournemouth after getting over his ankle problem. David Luiz also missed the game against Newcastle after injuring his ankle in training but Gary Cahill and Danny Drinkwater both made their comebacks from their recent small injury issues. Cesc Fabregas could also make his return after missing a number of games in recent weeks, while Ross Barkley is another option in the midfield area.CHELSEA SUSPENSIONS Conte currently has no players suspended, with Morata and Pedro having recently completed their respective bans.Spain striker Morata is, however, two yellow cards away from a two-match ban. POTENTIAL STARTING LINE-UP Conte is limited in terms of his team selection, with the signing of a new striker and left-back not set to be concluded in time for the game against Bournemouth.Batshuayi is fit but there’s a chance he could be left out due to his likely move away from Stamford Bridge, meaning Hazard could start in attack, with Barkley also set to feature in a supporting role.Willy Caballero will continue in goal, if Courtois remains out with an ankle injury. BOURNEMOUTH TEAM NEWS Jermain Defoe is out with an ankle injury, while Tyrone Mings is also likely to be unavailable to Eddie Howe. Bournemouth’s only other concern is Harry Arter, who has been missing with illness. TV CHANNEL & KICK OFF TIME The match takes place at 19:45 GMT on Wednesday but it won’t be shown live in the UK. BEST OPTA MATCH FACTS Bournemouth have failed to score in three of their five previous visits to Stamford Bridge to face Chelsea, scoring just twice and never more than once in a game. Bournemouth have yet to win a Premier League game played on a Wednesday (D1 L2). Ross Barkley has had a hand in five goals in four Premier League matches versus the Cherries (two goals, three assists). Eden Hazard has scored five goals in his last four Premier League appearances against Bournemouth. Willian has had a hand in eight goals in his last five Premier League starts (3 goals, 5 assists), compared to scoring none and providing just one assist in his first seven starts in the competition this season.