July 1, 2000 Regular News Attorney-Consumer Assistance Program in the works A proposed program to handle minor client complaints against attorneys before they become full-fledged grievances has won approval from the Bar’s Program Evaluation Committee. Committee Chair Tod Aronovitz reported to the Board of Governors last month that the proposed Attorney-Consumer Assistance Program has been forwarded to the Budget Committee for further review. He also told the board that PEC was recommending the continuation of four Bar committees. “ACAP, the Attorney-Consumer Assistance Program, is a program that has been implemented in a number of other states,” Aronovitz said. “It is designed as a part of the disciplinary arm. It is designed to screen telephone complaints before they become disciplinary complaints.” The goal, he said, is to resolve minor problems before they become formal complaints, and similar efforts have been successfully set up in other states. The Bar also experimented with a pilot program in its Tampa branch office. The Disciplinary Procedure Committee extensively studied the issue, set up the pilot program and recommended that the Bar expand the project statewide, which prompted the PEC review. “It was the opinion of PEC that this new program appears extremely promising,” Aronovitz said, adding the committee gave its unanimous endorsement. On other matters, PEC reviewed four Bar committees and recommended all four continue in operation. The board approved all the recommendations. Aronovitz said PEC found that the Federal Court Practices Committee provides valuable liaison and review services related to federal courts, federal court practice rules and federal bar associations. A new mission statement for the panel was also approved. PEC recommended a change in the mission statement for the Student Education and Admissions to the Bar Committee, he said. The new mission statement, which was approved by the board, includes that the committee will facilitate good relationships with law schools and help law schools prepare students for the practice of law. PEC reviewed the Quality of Life/Stress Management Committee and was “convinced their mission is adequate and they provide services to lawyers in a number of ways,” Aronovitz said. “They address the needs of lawyers relating to stress and making the practice of law a more enjoyable experience.” Likewise, PEC found that the Relations Between The Florida Bar and the Institute of CPAs Committee, although a small group, provides valuable services. That panel, Aronovitz said, is both a liaison between lawyers and CPAs and offers joint continuing education programs. The committee also is likely to be a valuable resource as the Bar addresses issues related to multidisciplinary practices, which frequently involve accountants, he said. Attorney-Consumer Assistance Program in the works
The district says the pause is to allow time and consideration for state aid and clear guidance during the pandemic. District Superintendent Robert Benson says the situation will be reevaluated in December. He added that the school is facing a 20 percent reduction in state aid. SHERBURNE, N.Y. (WBNG) — The Sherburne-Earlville Central School District has suspended all sports and extracurricular activities until December. Benson says the district will follow the New York State Public High School Athletic Association’s decision to play a condensed-seasons schedule if the pandemic conditions become favorable. The NYSPHSAA’s condensed schedule begins Jan. 4. 2021 with winter sports, March 1, 2021 with fall sports season 2, and April 19, 2021 with spring sports.
NZ Herald 6 May 2013Family First NZ says it will be deregistered as a charity because of its views on gay marriage. National director of Family First Bob McCoskrie said the group has received notification the Charities Commission intends to deregister the organisation. He said the decision was highly politicised and showed groups that think differently to the politically correct view will be targeted. “The Commission argues that Family First’s efforts to represent the voice of 80 per cent-plus of families on the anti-smacking law or half of New Zealanders on attempts to redefine marriage, for example, have no ‘public benefit’, and that it is in the ‘public interest’ for Family First to be deregistered.” He said the timing of the notification was cynical, in that the Commission deliberately held off until after the final reading of the gay marriage bill, despite saying a final decision would be made at the end of January. Mr McCoskrie said other reasons given for deregistration were that it had held a conference and invited speakers that promoted its viewpoint, and that it invited people to join. “But it did say that one of the things was that we supported a view of family that was not in the public interest.”http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10881782
MORE: Breaking down Alabama’s Citrus Bowl victoryHere are the five biggest questions for Alabama this offseason:Will Tua Tagovailoa stay?That is the biggest domino for Alabama this offseason. Tagovailoa is recovering from hip surgery and will make his decision on Jan. 6.If Tagovailoa returns, then the potential rewards are obvious: He has piled up 7,442 passing yards, 87 touchdowns and just 11 interceptions while compiling a 22-2 record as a starter. Provided his rehab works out, he would be ready for one last ride with the Crimson Tide if he spurns the NFL draft.If Tagovailoa leaves, then Jones likely would be the starter; but former four-star recruits Taulia Tagovailoa and Paul Tyson, along with incoming freshman Bryce Young, would be in the conversation to take over. Saban knows how to manage quarterback controversies, but this would be the most wide-open battle since freshman Jalen Hurts took over the starting job in the 2016 opener vs. USC.Who else goes to NFL draft?The Crimson Tide received a lift when linebacker Dylan Moses, a Sporting News preseason All-American who missed this season with a knee injury, announced he would return to school for his senior season.Let’s say Tagovailoa stays. Would that be enough to persuade any combination of receivers Jerry Jeudy, Henry Ruggs III and DeVonta Smith to return? What about running back Najee Harris? This is the class that rose to stardom on the spot in the 2018 College Football Playoff championship game against Georgia. Would they want to come back and attempt to finish on top? Offensive linemen Alex Leatherwood and safety Xavier McKinney also have decisions to make.Alabama has been able to withstand that roster attrition better than anybody else under Saban. This draft class, however, has the potential to be large if everyone goes.MORE: Alabama tacks on final, unnecessary touchdown vs. MichiganWill Saban shuffle coaching staff?Can Saban keep this coaching staff together — and does he want to?The offense thrived under Steve Sarkisian and made the necessary adjustments after Tagovailoa’s injury. Alabama stayed on pace in scoring offense and total offense with the other Playoff contenders. Unless Sarkisian entertains a head-coaching job, which seems unlikely, he should be back. That should mean more of the same on offense.Defensive coordinator Pete Golding is a little more intriguing. Alabama allowed an average of 47 points in losses to LSU and Auburn, and ranked outside the top 10 in scoring defense and total defense. Those aren’t numbers according to standard, and it was clear throughout most of the season that the Crimson Tide did not have a Playoff-caliber defense.Still, Alabama fielded one of its youngest defenses ever of Saban’s tenure, due to injuries to several key contributors. And, given the drama around last year’s mass exodus on the coaching staff, some continuity wouldn’t hurt.Can Saban avoid three-year title drought?Saban will turn 69 on Halloween, and he faces the usual round of retirement speculation as he enters another that 14th season with the program. The Citrus Bowl win marked nine straight seasons with at least 11 wins under Saban, but there is a pressure point heading into 2020. Since Saban arrived in 2007, the Crimson Tide haven’t had three consecutive seasons without a national championship.That is an absurd standard, but it’s one Saban has been able to meet with “The Process.” Critics are going to point to cracks in the dynasty, given the high-profile losses to Clemson, LSU and Auburn the last two seasons. Next year’s team can use the motivation of watching either LSU or Clemson win the national championship, and there will be enough talent to win a national title no matter who comes back.Saban will have more than enough to work with, on and off the field. No. 9 Alabama beat No. 17 Michigan 35-16 on Wednesday to cap the 2019 season with an 11-2 record. The Crimson Tide responded well to missing the College Football Playoff for the first time, but there are even more questions heading into Nick Saban’s 14th season with the Crimson Tide.Those questions range from the Crimson Tide’s 2020 schedule, which players return for their senior season or leave for the NFL draft and what the coaching staff looks like heading into the next decade. How will Alabama handle tough schedule?Alabama should face less criticism for its schedule next season, given a neutral-site opener against USC and a September blockbuster with Georgia. Alabama will travel to LSU as well, making for a tough schedule in the Tide’s bid at a national championship.Here’s a look at Alabama’s full 2020 schedule:Alabama 2020 football scheduleDateOpponentSept. 5vs. USC (Arlington, Texas)Sept. 12vs. Georgia StateSept. 19vs. GeorgiaSept. 26vs. Kent StateOct. 3at Ole MissOct. 10at ArkansasOct. 17vs. Mississippi StateOct. 24at TennesseeOct. 31OffNov. 7at LSUNov. 14vs. UT-MartinNov. 21vs. Texas A&MNov. 28vs. AuburnThe good news is Georgia, Texas A&M and Auburn all come to Bryant-Denny Stadium, but the season likely hinges on that Nov. 7 showdown in Tiger Stadium. In that regard, nothing has changed. Saban will be on the sideline for that one. It’s just a matter of who is coming with him for 2020.
Eight new forest fires have started in the last week all over the Prince George Fire Centre.- Advertisement – The majority of the fires have been caused by lightning. The largest fire is east of Fort Nelson near the Shekilie River. At this time no structures have been damaged and there are 12 firefighters working the fire, with more on the way.All the other fires are either extinquished or under observation.The fire danger rating throughout the Prince George Fire Centre is mainly low to moderate. However, the fire danger rating is high around the Liard River.Since April 1, fire crews have responded to 34 wildfires in the Prince George Fire Centre, with a provincial total of 146 wildfires.Advertisement View Fort Nelson Forest Fire in a larger map
Errigal Scout Counties newest group joins the parade. Stranorlar Group Leader Martina Flanagan and Quigley’s Point Cub Scout Leader Heidi Doherty who received awards at the Errigal Scout County Founders Day celebrations in Letterkenny. Martina received the Gold Merit award and Heidi was presented with her 20 yr service award. (NWNewspix)Approximately 1000 Scouts from the age of 6 to 26 yrs plus their leaders descended on Letterkenny to celebrate the birthday of Scouting’s Founder, Robert Baden Powell.Groups from Donegal, Derry and Tyrone paraded to the Church of the Irish Martyrs to participate on an Ecumenical service concelebrated by Fr Joe O’Donnell and Rev Stewart Wright while former Letterkenny scout Jason Black related his experience in Scouting. During the ceremony two long serving adult volunteers Martina Flanagan from 6th Donegal (Stranorlar) and 15th Donegal (Quigley’s Point) Cub Scout Leader Heidi Doherty received recognition for their long service and commitment to Scouting. Martina received her Gold Merit award while Heidi was presented with her 20 yr service award.Also this weekend a number of Scouts from Donegal were presented with their Chief Scouts Award at a special ceremony in Dublin on Saturday.Lifford Venture Scout Christopher Kelly who received his Chif Scouts Award from Scouting Ireland’s Chief Scout, Michael John Shinnick at a presentation day in the O’Reilly theatre, Dublin. Christopher was one of three from Donegal to have achieved this award. Included in photo is christopher’s mentor Cathereen Wells Doherty and proud mum Grainne. (NWNewspix)Lifford Venture Scout Christopher Kelly along with Raphoe Venture Scouts Lucy Morrow and Laura Wells received their Awards from Scouting Ireland’s Chief Scout, Michael John Shinnick. The Three were also presented with their Bronze An Gaisce awards. ALMOST 1,000 SCOUTS GATHER IN LETTERKENNY FOR FOUNDER’S BIRTHDAY was last modified: February 25th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:donegalletterkennyScouts